Watch Our Camp Video
JUNIOR CAMP SERIES
CAMP FRAZIER 2013 JULY 8-12
Frazier Cycling presents Camp Frazier Junior Road Cycling Camp. Our camps are based on our junior cycling development program. We use the team coaching philosophy. Our expertise in working with junior athletes, understanding their needs and our proven track record of developing national champions makes our camps very popular. Junior cyclists attend from all over the southeast.
Camp Frazier is located at King College in Bristol TN. The College is in the foothills of the Smokey Mountains and offers excellent cycling routes, cycle friendly-roads with low traffic, and beautiful countryside. King College is the home of the Tornado Cycling Team.
This year in conjunction with the camp there will be a juniors only Omnium. Sponsored by King College and Virginia Intermont College cycling teams, the event will held July 13, 14 in Bristol TN. For info go to www.tbra.org.
Juniors must be race ages 10 -18. Cyclists will be grouped based on skill level and experience.
- Primary – juniors must have experience in group riding, race experience is not required
- Intermediate – race experience required (one season)
- Advanced – seasoned junior or category 3/4 racer
SPECIAL NOTE TO PARENTS ATTENDING: This is a junior's camp. Parents are expected to be able to participate at least at the primary level as described above. The camp is not designed to accommodate parents who have not mastered basic bike handling skills. If you are not sure, please, contact us and we will discuss with you.
Drop off: Monday, July 8 from 2:00 – 3:30 pm
Pick Up: Friday July 12 4:00 pm
Includes lodging, 3 meals/day and snacks.
Frazier Cycling Junior $485
Coach with no child attending $585
- 20% Sibling discount for each sibling
- 10% Team discount for 3 or more members – call us for the team discount code. You must register at least 3 members at the same time. Team members who register afterwards must call us for the code.
Lodging is dorm style. There is AC. Bring your own linens and towels. Meals are prepared by the King College Dining Hall Staff. We can accommodate special dietary requests with advance notice.
Advanced Bike Handling Skills, Hill Workouts, Time Trial Techniques, Group Rides, Race Preparation, Strategy, and Techniques, Bicycle Clinic – Bike Maintenance, Pack Riding, Cornering, Bridging between Groups, Bumping, Sprint Finishes, Endurance Training, Motor Pacing (advanced)
On-line registration at BikeReg. The following is required at arrival at check-in:
- Proof of health insurance
- Road ID
- Completed rider release and waiver. Download these forms and bring them completed to check-in.
|Breakfast:||7:30 – 8:15 a.m.|
|Skill Training:||8:15 - 10:00 a.m.|
|Practice/Ride:||10:15 - 11:45 a.m.|
|Lunch:||Noon - 12:45 p.m.|
|Free Time:||12:45 - 1:45 p.m.|
|Ride/Practice:||2:00 - 4:00 p.m.|
|Dinner:||5:00 - 5:45 p.m.|
|Planned Activity:||6:30 - 7:30 p.m.|
|Free Time:||7:30 – 9:30 p.m.|
|Lights out:||10:00 p.m.|
A detailed schedule will be emailed to participants the week prior to camp
Things to Bring: (PLEASE: LABEL EVERYTHING!!!!)
- 2 sets of cycling gear - we will do laundry as needed
- Bath Towels
- Pillow and Linens or Sleeping bag.
- Dirty clothes bag (label)
- Bike and riding gear
- Time Trial Bike (optional)
- Aerobars (optional) NOTE: If your child is using aerobars please have these put on the bike before coming to camp. Also provide a way to store the aerobars once they are removed and instruct your child to store them properly in his/her room.
- Time trial helmet (optional)
- Spare tube and tire
- Water Bottles (2) – Label.
- Front wheel holder (optional) – this is a stand that holds the front wheel in place to keep the bike upright for storage or parking. Label.
- Road ID – any kind is fine but needs to include emergency contact info.
- Completed Waivers.
- Quarters for Washer and Dryers
- Money for vending machine snacks (snacks are provided, this is in addition), movies
Race fuel is provided by Hammer. If you would like something else bring your own.
- Wear helmets at all times while riding bikes
- Ride on the right hand side of the road and follow traffic rules at all times
- Be respectful to your fellow cyclists, parents, coaches and staff
- Follow all rules and regulations posted by the campus
- Always let your Dorm Room Leader or Coach know where you are going
- No wandering around the campus without the permission of a coach or a staff member
- Do not change rooms without permission from a staff member
- Lights out at 10pm. No leaving your room, no cell phones or texting after 10p.
- Be respectful of your roommates and keep your room neat, put trash in the can, hang up your towels, make your bed, etc.
- Be respectful of the furnishing in each room. If furniture is moved, it must be placed back when you leave.
- Do not waste food or drink.
- Pick up trash
- Do not leave campus unless a staff member gives permission,
- Do not drive other campers unless you are an adult.
2010 Ono Island Winter Holiday Cycling Camp